Friday 27 May 2011

Mobile Madness

I think the next stage will be mobile telephone implants into the ear drum!

Why do people still persist in driving with one hand while chatting into a hand-held mobile phone? Serious accidents just waiting to happen.

Similarly what conversation can be so important that you cross a road [we are now talking pedestrians] holding a young child by the hand or pushing pram or buggy whilst chatting into your hand-held mobile? No-one can be giving full concentration to the road dangers in these circumstances.

However did we manage to communicate before the "mobile" - oh yes, we met people, spoke face to face [there's a novel idea], sat down comfortably and used a land line perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this is so true. How ever DID we manage before mobile phones. Obviously, they are very handy for some things and some occasions, but, generally, they are so over-used! Even though it's now against the law, I still see so many people driving and using their phone in the other hand. The worse thing for me though is the young mums. Whenever I used to take my little ones out in the pushchair (and now the grandchildren) I used to be talking to them all the time, and pointing out things around us. Now I see these young mums pushing the prams and talking into their mobile phones. Either that, or they've got their iPod in their ear listening to music! I think it's quite sad really. Well, that's my bit for the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently my only escape from the dreaded mobile is when I am travelling on the London Underground, I get to read a book or the newspaper without interruption from my own machine or others. There are rumours circulating that the service providers are working on a plan to extend the service to the Tube - p.g. not until after I retire!

    ReplyDelete